Jay Cutler named starter for Week 17

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
well, looks like Clausen got a concussion in the helmet to helmet hit yesterday...it was pretty entertaining, he jumped up, ripped his helmet off, and looked like he wanted to fight...later you could see a cut on his eye...

must have been a pretty serious concussion if they have ruled him out already, also doesn't reflect well on the 'concussion protocol' in the NFL, because he never came off the field for injury, just that punt...

Yeah Ansah nailed him helmet to helmet, It got a little nasty at the end, didnt think he was gonna stand up to Ansah but yeah funny about Cutler coming back, kind of feel bad for the Bears with there situation, and that hit right there on Clausen is a good reason they should stick with Cutler.

the sports talk radio guys are simulcast on tv, watched them for a bit today...one of the guys called in and had a great theory as to why there were so many drops by the bears yesterday...

'Clausen threw it too accurate, they weren't ready for it, when Jay is in, the ball could come in from anywhere' so accuracy killed them...the radio guys were saying what ive been saying since the benching of Cutler, let Jimmy have week 16, and give Fales week 17, though they were saying Jimmy gets the first half, Fales gets the second...now with Jimmy concust, I wonder if they do the split with Jay...if you drop a 6th rounder on a QB, and there are some questions about QB, I think you have to get the guy out there in something other than week 4 of preseason...

im not a bears fan, but if I were coaching say, the Jets or Bills, and I spent a mid/late round on a QB, I am going to see what I have...not sure how long Geno and Vick are under contract for next year and I don't think they have anyone, but the Bills know what they have in Orton, who is a middle of the road QB, not real fancy, doesn't turn the ball over much, and I think they grabbed Tajh Boyd...I go ahead and see what Boyd has...not getting in the playoffs, so at least work towards next season...

Back