I am new here

Ric

Bench Warmer
Hello,
Everyone, as you can see I am new here and have been collecting sports cards & memorabilia for some time. Just started doing TTM Auto's (any tips would be great).

I just joined the Fantasy Football league that was started here (thanks). I have not done it in a while. Looking forward to it.

Just wanted to say--Hey

Ric

Ric,
Welcome to the Zone.

I'm no TTM expert. I haven't tried it myself, I don't have the patience to wait sometimes over a year to get whatever I had sent out to get signed back (sometimes not signed or just one item signed if several were sent). One thing I have noticed is there is no set standard. For current players it is usually best to try contacting their current team and sometimes contacting the team for past players as well. Also for current players the time of year is a factor. It seems sometimes it is best to try during the pre-season training via the team.

You might want to check out @otis https://www.sportscardclub.com/threads/my-graphing-thread.59/ he gets a lot of autos signed, come to think about it I think most of his actually are in person no TTM. Anyway check out his collection on that thread and turn green like the rest of us.:D

On another site TCC (Trading Card Central) there is an autographs board that has a sub-board called "TTM addresses and successes". You should be able to see it as a visitor you will have to become a member there to post. It has been a while since a new post has been made in that section but some of the stories might be helpful.

Also check a few peoples blogs there are many bloggers who can't stop singing the praises of their recent acquasitions. I can't think of any specific ones at this time. They usually tell how long it took from when they sent the cards in to when they received the signed card. Some of them mention if it was sent via the team or to the player's actual residence.

Thanks for the tips. I have a feeling it going to take some work.. I looking at it as delayed x-mas presents (if they ever come).

Welcome aboard, @Ric. Have you gotten any decent autos yet? Be sure to let us know what guys sign and where you sent to so we can ink those guys too! :D

Thanks for joining the Fantasy Football League, and good luck!

If you have any questions/comments, feel free to PM me anytime.

what specifically do you collect?

if you have any Rare Kyle Boller (football scrub drafted in 2003), or Olympic hot ladies (Shawn Johnson, Carly Patterson, Jennie Finch, Gracie Gold, Ashley Wagner, McKayla Maroney, Dominique Dawes (if she ever gets something certified), Natalie Coughlin, Rebecca Soni) that is stuff I am after...along with the occasional actress. celebrity type (Michelle Beadle, Bristol Palin, Danica McKellar, even perhaps Danica Patrick) or lady MMA type (Brittney Palmer (ring girl), Gina Carano, Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm, Jessamyn Duke), im the place to go...

if you are looking for crappy players autos from football, or 2014 topps winter Olympic anything, im the man

Thanks, for all the kind words....

Those are some awesome gets....

So far I sent cards away with limited success.. I know they are seeing them becasuse I have gotten back:

One of my cards (unsigned asking for $$--Rick Procello).

-This makes me laugh One mascot REAL auto of Orbit (Alberquerque Isotopes AA A of LA Dodgers--curious about that one-I never sent them anyting- I guess my Puig card will never come back-)

Looks to be all real auto's from the Toledo Mudhens--8x10 picture of Ballpark with the entire team signatures and Team picture no sigs...

one Auto-Auto from the Oregan Ducks Head Coach-Mark Helfrich.

A letter from Lovie Smith (Bucs) auto -auto.

A letter from (panthers) Ron Rivera-Auto-auto

8x10 of from Cam Newton-auto-auto

A 5x7 from Dolphins Coach Phibin auto -auto

15 auto-autos from the Phoenix Suns (no real gets there)

3 Timberwolves players (Rubio, Love, Pekovic) auto-auto

and I asked the Braves and Redsox front office for some autos and the both sent me dirt from the parks.

I will take pictures when I have time... I guess it better than nothing...

So that is it so far...............Better than nothing

Welcome to the board Ric. And thanks for the shoutout @captkirk42 lol. I haven't done TTM in maybe 5 years. You can try your hand at emailing coaches etc for a signed 8x10 as well. I did that with a couple just to try it out. Rex Walters was one, it's all a blur to me. I used to keep track of the guys I mailed to and how long it took to get back, if it did, but the data is gone. I wish I could see my return rates etc...

Back