HELP NEEDED!!! RARE 1997 BRETT FAVRE CARD!!

ghaw6969

Bench Warmer
well i just went through my moms safe helping clean up and i came across my long lost autographed brett favre card i got signed by him back in 1997 or 98... so i got on the computer a little while ago to look up the card and see if i could find a price of how much this autograph card is worth... well come to find out the card i just so happened pick 15-16 years ago is a very rare and unlisted card, i can only find an ebay price and that is for only the card its self with out the autograph going for 70 dollars, thats literally the one and only price i can find.. so how accurate are ebay prices? also ive literally checked every single card pricing site for football cards and not one of them had any mention of this card, to them the card does not exist!!!! it is not listed anywhere!! so after my research, there are a ton of cards out there with the same picture that is on my card, but the card i picked up randomly back in 97 just so happened to be a very rare and unlisted brett favre 1997 donruss football information card that has no identifiable numbers or markings on the back.. pretty much from my understanding making the card non existent.. the back of the is a list of information about the donruss company and product that was about to be released back in 97 and it has all new sets and different types of cards that were released that year as well... so NON rare ones (exact card) are numbered and identifiable..... so here are my important question
1)how and where can i find the value/price on my autographed brett favre 1997 donruss football information card, that is unidentifiable?
2) with this card being rare could this possibly be the only 1997 donruss football information card that has been signed by favre? (couldnt find one of these cards with and autograph anywhere) if this is true would that make the card even more valuable?
3)what is the average value of farves autograph? and how much more valuable is his autograph on a very rare and and unlisted card?

When you get a card signed by a player yourself they're usually not worth much to anyone but you. The reason is because there's no real proof that the card was signed by the player. If you're looking to sell it, the first step would be to get the autograph authenticated. Without some sort of authentication, I'd say the card wouldn't be worth much more than if it didn't have the autograph. In fact, in some instances the card value can go down.

If you're looking at eBay's sold listings their prices are very accurate. A card is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and eBay's sold listings show you exactly what people are paying for any certain item. However, if the listing you saw was a BIN of $70, I wouldn't put much stock in that. eBay sellers have a bad habit of listing cards for upwards of 10x what the card is actually worth, hoping to get someone to bite on it so they can maximize their profit.

I'd get the card graded/authenticated.... I'm sure someone will want it.... But only if authenticated.

Ebay's completed sales are generally reliable.... Except... For newer releases, and certain players...(At least in the BKB world) There's been alot of shilling lately and the creation of artificial demand, thus skyrocketing prices and some people thinking their cards are more valuable than they really are. I don't follow BB and FB the way I do BKB but I wouldn't trust ebay's completed listings for Jordans and certain sets...

As for a rarer/older card such as yours... I'd say it was reliable but no one will want your card without it being authenticated and even then.... I'd keep my expectations in check if I were you.

Have any pics??

well i just went through my moms safe helping clean up and i came across my long lost autographed brett favre card i got signed by him back in 1997 or 98... so i got on the computer a little while ago to look up the card and see if i could find a price of how much this autograph card is worth... well come to find out the card i just so happened pick 15-16 years ago is a very rare and unlisted card, i can only find an ebay price and that is for only the card its self with out the autograph going for 70 dollars, thats literally the one and only price i can find.. so how accurate are ebay prices? also ive literally checked every single card pricing site for football cards and not one of them had any mention of this card, to them the card does not exist!!!! it is not listed anywhere!! so after my research, there are a ton of cards out there with the same picture that is on my card, but the card i picked up randomly back in 97 just so happened to be a very rare and unlisted brett favre 1997 donruss football information card that has no identifiable numbers or markings on the back.. pretty much from my understanding making the card non existent.. the back of the is a list of information about the donruss company and product that was about to be released back in 97 and it has all new sets and different types of cards that were released that year as well... so NON rare ones (exact card) are numbered and identifiable..... so here are my important question
1)how and where can i find the value/price on my autographed brett favre 1997 donruss football information card, that is unidentifiable?
2) with this card being rare could this possibly be the only 1997 donruss football information card that has been signed by favre? (couldnt find one of these cards with and autograph anywhere) if this is true would that make the card even more valuable?
3)what is the average value of farves autograph? and how much more valuable is his autograph on a very rare and and unlisted card?
Please post pic of card, both sides, and I can do some research, but don't have any expectations of hitting a jackpot, I've seen Favres autograph go for $20 on a card. Thx

I have the same card Autographed and all!
(Apologies for the photo quality)

Attachments

• KIMG0045.JPG
    KIMG0045.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 8
  • KIMG0048.JPG
    KIMG0048.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 6
its a 1997 Donruss Promo Ad Back

found a completed listing for the Marino, which would be a comparable player in terms of sale...sold for $2.99

my guess, is you could get around $10-15 without a rock solid COA and someone is willing to take a chance...I didn't check but I would guess PSA/DNA to run $35-$50 on Favre and then resale value would be around $50...that would be my guess...

most collectors prefer the pack issued certified autos as opposed to a 3rd party grader with the exception of HOF or those with very limited autos, like a Sean Taylor who never signed for Playoff or any other company that I know of, so he has no certified autos, and is dead, so he isn't signing anything...

Favre is still alive and kicking, and signing stuff in new products...I don't expect it to carry a ton of value into the future

Back