Hello from Pittsburgh!

ericg581

Bench Warmer
I'm new on this forum, not new to collecting. I've been into baseball my whole life and was a huge Frank Thomas fan as a kid. I really wish I'd kept my collection, but I kind of went through a phase where I ended up drifting away from what was important to me so I stupidly got rid of everything and it wasn't until I had my own son that I realized how great it was bonding with my father and grandfather over their shoe boxes full of old cards they pulled out from the attic so I decided I was going to introduce my own son to the wonderful world of collecting and see if he likes it.

Well, a few years later and he's just getting ready to start Little League and he's a huge Kris Bryant/Jason Heyward fan along with our local hero Andrew McCutchen so his tastes sure have been expensive but I always manage to make things work somehow. We always go to PNC Park in the summer and watch our favorite teams when they come to play the Pirates, we have a lot of good father and son time because of our hobby and its great. I've been looking for other forums and groups to join up with some likeminded collectors so this is nice to find a new place, I've been a long standing member on a lot of other forums so I'm happy to join up here. I'm a good honest person and hope to meet lots of others like myself.

Welcome to the site it's not super busy here. But hoping the more newbies who come in the better its going to get.

Welcome aboard, @ericg581! As @ernieren said, we aren't super busy here but the members who are active here are all great people.

Cool story about how this hobby has been a family tradition. I had an uncle who collected when I was younger and both of my boys like to keep cards of their favorite players too. It's always fun to see their eyes light up when there's a new card to add to their collection.

Again, welcome to the site and if you have any questions/concerns about the site please don't hesitate to PM me any time.

Welcome to the site, the best thing that I have found about this site is that almost all of the members are still in it for the hobby. I am also a huge baseball fan so if there is anything that I can help you with just let me know.

Back