Forum Structure

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
I've always been more a fan of forums that are neat, well organized, and very easy to navigate. At the same time, there should be a category for everything that relates to the forum subject (in our case, trading cards). While I do think we have done a decent job of adding all the appropriate forums, I wanted to reach out to you guys (the members), to make sure that most of you agree. Take a close look at our forums, their categories, and their positioning and let us know exactly what you think. If there are any forums that seem a bit redundant, we might want to merge those posts elsewhere and remove them. If we need to add a new forum somewhere, we might can do that too.

Let us know what you think, and we'll see what we can do. Please understand that while we won't be able to satisfy everyone here, we will certainly try.

I was just looking at this the other day but I'm at work right now so I'll respond with my thoughts tonight. Thanks for being open to member input.

I was just looking at this the other day but I'm at work right now so I'll respond with my thoughts tonight. Thanks for being open to member input.

A good site has to be open to member input, otherwise nobody would want to be active on the boards.

Like Ken said, this is how we feel it should be. Without members a forum has no content, and a forum without content is no forum at all. It's also been my experience that the more involved the members are in the forum, the more they want to come back, and the more the attitude throughout the forum stays positive. This is exactly what we're trying to accomplish here. I've said it before, and I'll likely say it again; I would rather have a forum of 50 great members than a forum with 10,000 a-holes and I feel like getting everyone involved in as much as possible throughout is the best way to accomplish just that.

Back