First Look: 2012 Topps Chrome

XianSPL

Prospect
Transactions: 3
So it's not being released until later this week but I just so happened to come across a couple blaster boxes that made it to the shelves of my local grocery store a little early. I'll be ripping them now and I'll update the post with some scans, assuming I can get my scanner to work. :)

Very cool! Always like the look of Chrome and Finest. How many packs/cards per pack in the blaster?

The blasters contain 7 packs with 4 cards each pack plus one pack of purple bordered parallels (4 in that pack as well)

Not gonna take any scans because I didn't hit anything big but I wanted to at least show the cards. In my opinion, they're beautiful cards and I think it's a set I'll want to build.

IMAG0006.jpg

All I really pulled of note was a Mike Trout base card, several RC's and X-Fractors of Evan Longoria and Hisashi Iwakuma. The best of the 8 purple bordered cards I pulled was that Posey.

Although no big hits, I'm impressed with the set. It's clean with a nice reflective background and the chrome border. Nice looking product! Can't wait to get a hobby box!

Very cool Christian. Thanks for sharing, and for the info about the blaster boxes. I may have to pick me one up if anyone around here gets any in.

Nice looking set, I always have liked the chrome (if they are done without the big curl in the cards). Right now, any Mike Trout card is just like a hit!

true. lol

and yeah, these have a slight bend in them but not as bad as i've seen in some past years. the ones i really hate are the ones that curve diagonally. that annoys me.

true. lol

and yeah, these have a slight bend in them but not as bad as i've seen in some past years. the ones i really hate are the ones that curve diagonally. that annoys me.

I know Topps took a big hit on them in 2010, probably the worst they were, and they seem to be doing better now. I got some redemtion chrome cards once that were perfectly straight so I know they are capable.

I picked up a blaster yesterday. No hits but a nice purple Joey Votto for my PC. Very nice looking this year and I did get a pretty nice die cut, it says that they are 1:24, so it makes it a decent hit.

PicturesfromterrisIPHONE223-5.jpg

It can go with my nice quad that I picked up on ebay!

Back