does anyone know about collecting coins and what their worth

rigo tovar

Collecting QBs
Rating: 15 (100%)
Hi guys, I have a couple of quarters from the 40's and from the 30's,, I put one on , istia to check if people are interested,, since im not a coin collector or know their values I checked on ebay, some people ar e asking over $100 for coins that are worse than mine, condition wise, is this what coins normally go for?

captkirk42

Old School Vintage
Staff Member
Rating: 25 (100%)
I don't know much about coins but the value is more dependent on the year of issue along with the condition as you know as a card collector condition contributes a lot to the value.. With coins the years make a difference. If the quarters were minted early 40s during WWII those tend to be more valuable since most metal manufacturing was going to the war effort. Also with coins the number of coins minted for that year comes into play some years for some reason not as many were minted (sometimes something logical to explain other times who knows?) Another factor is where they were minted there are only a few places were coins are minted (Philadelphia being the big one and Delaware?)

rigo tovar

Collecting QBs
@captkirk42 thanks for the info, the one I listed on listia is a 1932 quarter in great condition with a little wear on the back, and it has a D under the eagle on the back, any idea if thats good? All I know is that its silver

captkirk42

Old School Vintage
Staff Member
OH and looking on Ebay is a better way to determine the current value for many collectables including coins. But be sure to do an advanced search to included SOLD auctions. 100 people may list their rare cards or coins starting at $100 but that doesn't mean that the last 100 that sold went for that much.

captkirk42

Old School Vintage
Staff Member
@captkirk42 thanks for the info, the one I listed on listia is a 1932 quarter in great condition with a little wear on the back, and it has a D under the eagle on the back, any idea if thats good? All I know is that its silver
The D would indicate it was struck in the Delaware mint. I don't know enough to know if that is good or not.

rigo tovar

Collecting QBs
@captkirk42 thanks for your help,, seems they have sold ok on ebay,, some for $10 and others over $100,,, just wanted to know a little more because some guy on listia is offering me 7000 credits,, just didnt know if that was good or should I ask for more, thanks