Collecting Interests

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Mike, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Mike

MikeThrow Up The X! Staff Member

I thought we should have a central location to discuss our individual collecting interests within the hobby. I'll start it off.

In General:

I just collect anything that catches my eye, really. It doesn't matter what sport. Heck, it doesn't even have to be a sports card.

Teams:

First and foremost, I collect Dallas Cowboys. Usually, though, I only "PC" lifelong Cowboys, or guys who spent a majority of their career as a Cowboy.

Players:

I collect rookie cards, and have a few autographs, of Tony Parker and Vince Carter. I've also been considering starting the same type of collection with Tim Tebow.

2. franklinguy52

franklinguy52Mr. Baseball Staff Member

Sounds great!

I collect everything baseball along with other sports if they catch my eye. I have recently started collecting more basketball as more and more Kentucky Wildcats flood the NBA. As for teams that I emphasize, the Reds are by far the most in my PC. I am always in the market for vintage as I still love to read the backs of the old cards for the interesting tidbits. I really enjoy finding people to do trades with, as it reminds me of when I was a kid collecting.

3. captkirk42

captkirk42Old School Vintage Staff Member

Hmmm I mostly try to collect my teams: Nationals, Orioles, Capitals, Redskins, Rams. Vintage currently concentrating on baseball 60s/70s. And I guess Topps flagship sets at least for baseball. Football I'm more about the vintage Topps and current for my teams. I like autograph cards (auto but not to be confused with car racing cards) prefer them to be of players I actually know and want to collect. They are starting to overdo the auto card thing now. I don't like GU or EU. I've never liked the concept of them but unfortunately I started getting some when I joined group breaks. I'm mixed about rookies. I like getting regular rookie cards, you know the "first" card of a player, but in recent years with Bowman and other sets where rookie players and unsigned players are the main focus I feel they have once again flooded the market with too much. I do not like college uniform cards, unless the player is identified clearly on the card as to which pro team he signed with. I don't follow College ball so I have no idea who 99% of those guys are and probably never will.

4. Cool_Hand_Flash

Cool_Hand_FlashI might be crazy.. Proof: I'm the co-owner.

Well.. as the only one as of this post who checked off every box in the what do you collect thread.. I collect a lot of different stuff :lol:

I mainly collect Alex Brink, Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, Beanie Wells, Vitor Belfort and all years/sports of Upper Decks Ultimate Collection.

But besides that, I collect a lot of different players. Dez Bryant, Justin Blackmon, Mario Williams, Eli Manning, Lebron James, Arvydas Sabonis, John Tavares, Danish hockey players and a ton of other people. I also collect Green Bay Packers, Detroit Red Wings and Portland Trailblazers.

Everything wrestling and UFC.. and besides sports I collect movie and Tv stuff. Alias, Star Trek, Lost and random actors/actresses I like's autos..

Basically.. everything :lol:

5. pwolantern

pwolanternTCZ's #1 Manningham collector

My main collecting interests are anything from ther New York Giants (mainly Eli Manning and Mario Manningham), Detroit Tigers (mainly Rick Porcello and Jack Morris), and the University of Michigan. I don't just collect cards from these teams/players, I will pick up just about anything with them on it.