Baseball Can someone explain to me...

Reiji

The DR Guy
...how does fantasy baseball works?

I want to create a dominican fantasy baseball app, but I can't until I know how does it works...can someone explain it to me and please keep it simple?

Thank you.

there are multiple versions, but typically a pitcher isnt scored at all for hitting...

a simple version would be like 1 point per base (single worth 1, double 2...) extra points for HR, and then points for RBI, then lose points for strikeouts by the hitter

for pitching, its usually innings pitched, strikeouts, and ERA are the good, and walks are bad

the easist way to explain it, 'guy with most points wins'

you can play 'head to head' which rotates what teams play by week, an overall year where its like you get so many points daily and has standings like in baseball, or you can do 'capped' which is where you have so much $ to spend on a team and player values go up and down during the season based on performance...so like when a guy is on a hitting streak his value will skyrocket, whereas a guy who gets injured severely declines...those leagues usually have a specific amount of transactions that can be made weekly or throughout the season, so you arent just speculating, because a Starting Pitcher will go up in value the day before and the day of his next scheduled outting, and price falls the day after he pitches...

i did a football cap league for several years and it was fun, you started with like $30 million and built a team, at the end of the year i think my team 'value' was $43 million because if you bought a guy for $5 million and he had several weeks and was worth $8 million before his bye week and you sold him, that extra $3 million went into your account to spend on other players..

Back