BGS Grading! Group Submissions

I am sort of a fence sitter at this point in time.

I used to be 100% against slabbing cards (although I've always seen it as probably the best way of preserving cards). My primary reasons were the price and problem of how/where to store them. I'm still against the prices for slabbing, and the sellers who feel that since the thing has been authenticated and graded that they feel it should be worth tons more than a raw card.

A minor reason, one which I am sort of learning to live with is the feeling of distance from the card that the plastic puts between you and the card. I'm sort of an old-school hold it in your hands (by the edges :) )kind of collector.

If I looked really hard I could probably find a few higher-end cards I've got that would be worth slabbing. I do have some sweet cut sigs, and other auto cards, some fave rookies etc. I'm just not so sure about segregating them away from the rest of my collection.:cool:
I am sort of a fence sitter at this point in time.

I used to be 100% against slabbing cards (although I've always seen it as probably the best way of preserving cards). My primary reasons were the price and problem of how/where to store them. I'm still against the prices for slabbing, and the sellers who feel that since the thing has been authenticated and graded that they feel it should be worth tons more than a raw card.

A minor reason, one which I am sort of learning to live with is the feeling of distance from the card that the plastic puts between you and the card. I'm sort of an old-school hold it in your hands (by the edges :) )kind of collector.

If I looked really hard I could probably find a few higher-end cards I've got that would be worth slabbing. I do have some sweet cut sigs, and other auto cards, some fave rookies etc. I'm just not so sure about segregating them away from the rest of my collection.:cool:
I hear yeah Kirk, but nice to do it for your PC! :)

Thinking I have about 50 cards I'm looking to get Graded, maybe less because I'm picky on the cards I send in, a card you think is mint, turns out to be a 8.0, one little thing wrong and its a bad grade, so make sure you look close at your cards before you send them in!

Really wouldn't take long to reach the 100 mark, I'm in, just need a host with a Beckett account!

Mine has been sent today :) Hopefully get them back after 20 days! Whoot!

I'm still gain for one here if one starts up, might take some time to get a 100 cards, but if you post it, the cards will come! LOl!

Ok guys, my cards should be done on April 29th, that should be the 20 day turn around mark, the host should get a email of the Grades before they ship from BGS, hopefully that week, I'm excited to know my Grades!

I added 3 more cards to the next Submission ending April 22nd, here's the 3 cards I'm submitting!

1. 11-12 SPX Brendan Smith AUTO/GU RC #197 #093/799 BV $25
  2. 08-09 The Cup Justin Abdelkader AUTO/PATCH RC #98 #004/249 BV$60
  3. 01-02 Vangaurd Pavel Datsyuk RC #109 #339/404 BV $25
The Abdelkader I know wont be a good grade, but they are becoming hard to find, so this will be the one to slab, should at least get a 8.5, the Smith and the Datsyuk look very mint, but will see what BGS says, If I think they are mint, always come back a 9.0 or better! ;)
Soon as I get the others back I will add the scans here! Wish me luck on the next 3!

Grades are in, Post them in the morning, waiting on pm from host, but checked the Ericsson on the Beckett Population report, there are only 2 of them graded, ones a 9.0 and the other is a 8.5, sadly the 8.5 was done on April 26th, so that one Is mine

Here they are, its very hard to get good grades on the thick cards, but I'm happy! Should havc them back soon, post pictures when they get here!

7616346 2001-02 SPx Rookie Redemption Henrik Zetterberg 9 0.0 NG
7616328 2011-12 SP Authentic Gustav Nyquist AU RC 9 10.0 NG
7616069 2005-06 The Cup Valtteri Filppula JSY AU RC 8.5 10.0 NG
7616059 2008-09 SP Authentic Limited Autographed Patches Jonathan Ericsson 8.5 10.0 NG

Back