Beginner's luck

franklinguy52

Mr. Baseball
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Over the past year I been working on getting my, soon to be, step son in to collecting. He has chosen to collect football and he is beginning to really get into it. It is fun to sit with him and teach him the way to figure out which are the good cards and how to take care of all of his cards. Needless to say he has had some very good luck.

The first retail blaster that he picked out was a 2011 Absolute that they still had at the local Walmart and he pulled this:

Then a couple of weeks ago I took him to the LCS and he tried to convince me to buy him a hobby box of Totally Certified (maybe I am teaching him too well:LOL:) and I convinced him that one pack was the best he would get out me. This was the hit:

Then last week he asked me to pick him up another blaster at Walmart and they had a box of Prime so I picked it up and, once again, he pulled another hit:

Jealous Mark?:ROFLMAO:

I will continue to update as he gets more into the hobby.

Very cool, Troy! Nice to know that there are still some kids these days who are interested in cards and not JUST Ipods, Ipads, cell phones, and video games.

I tried to get my oldest involved in collecting, but he just didn't have any interest. He is really starting to get into basketball, though, so I may try getting him a few cards of his favorite basketball players to see if that would strike some interest.

Thanks for sharing. I definitely look forward to seeing more posts in this thread.

Thanks Mike, good luck getting him going. Frankie was actually into alot of the Yu-Gi-Oh and others when he was younger but got tired of them so it was a pretty transition.

Ok.. so.. youre lucky.. step son is lucky.. when are you gonna start rubbing off on TCZ?! Jeeez..

And yes.. yes I am :LOL:

But thats awesome! Who/what does he collect? Or who do you suspect he'll collect

Ok.. so.. youre lucky.. step son is lucky.. when are you gonna start rubbing off on TCZ?! Jeeez..

And yes.. yes I am :LOL:

But thats awesome! Who/what does he collect? Or who do you suspect he'll collect

Obviously some of the others have luck tto, considering I am losing in the CoTM! We live close to Nashville so he is getting into the Titans (poor kid), but that could change as he just starting in the hobby.

Back