anyone going to The National?

I've always wanted to go, but it's always just too dang far for me to travel. Hopefully one day but, sadly, that won't be this year.

I never go:
1) I never remember when it is.
2) It is usually somewhere I have no real desire to visit and would have to fly to. Well one year it was in Baltimore which is about an hour (maybe 2 w/traffic) from me. but I found out too late to make plans for it. Since I never remember when it is. I also had no desire to go to it that year.
3) Too many people go to the dang thing and I really hate huge crowds.

On the other hand it has been probably over 20 years since I've been to a card show, or "convention" as the big shows would be called by some.

actually it wasn't too packed...I killed it going through nickel boxes, met up with a couple old friends, didn't spend a ton of money...only busted 1 box, a Leaf Draft Ultimate or something so I could get a raffle ticket for the National Floyd v Connor Dual /5...didn't do as good as my friend who in 3 boxes hit a 1/1, a McAffery /15, a Mike Williams /25, and a couple other things...I did get a Davin Cook...

spent $30 at the nickel boxes, bunch of refractors, serial numbered, vast numbers of rookies, bunch of Haloti Ngata Bowman Chromes, quite a few Brandon Marshall UD Rookie Premiere box set, just a variety of everything...top card in there was a 2004 Finest Sean Taylor

actually it wasn't too packed...I killed it going through nickel boxes, met up with a couple old friends, didn't spend a ton of money...only busted 1 box, a Leaf Draft Ultimate or something so I could get a raffle ticket for the National Floyd v Connor Dual /5...didn't do as good as my friend who in 3 boxes hit a 1/1, a McAffery /15, a Mike Williams /25, and a couple other things...I did get a Davin Cook...

spent $30 at the nickel boxes, bunch of refractors, serial numbered, vast numbers of rookies, bunch of Haloti Ngata Bowman Chromes, quite a few Brandon Marshall UD Rookie Premiere box set, just a variety of everything...top card in there was a 2004 Finest Sean Taylor
Sean Taylor RC for a nickel? That's an easy profit.

I haven't been in a few years. Went to the Baltimore one and to one Chicago one. Now I live in Florida and it's a long way to travel since it's always up north it seems. I do miss going though.

The best deals you can get are going through all the bargain boxes. Takes a lot of time but it's worth it in my opinion.

ive been to 2 in Cleveland in 4 or 6 here in Chicago...

i decided to go back today to grab more stuff out of those nickel boxes, as i did some research last night...i don't have a smart phone and such...some dude bought up all the contents of the nickel boxes, so i went back to a dollar table that i had done some looking into yesterday...

ended up with another neat treat...got a ton, well like 130, 2000 Pacific Vanguard RCs, all /762...now where it gets good...i did get a Jamal Lewis 031/762, jersey number, and then i got 2 pairs of Shaun Alexander matching serial numbers...there aren't multiple versions /762 either, so something funny is going on here...

as for the Taylor, i flipped it, well flung it, to a friend that i missed last time it was in Chicago, because he got in later than i could stay, thanks work...

there weren't many $1 auto/jersey boxes this year, most of the 'junk' hits were $2+...

i did finally find some Olympic stuff...one of the tables had 2 boxes of 2012 for $75 each, and there is all of 2 base autos that would cover that (Alex Morgan/Michael Phelps)...long odds to cover, so i passed...when i was buying it, it was $50-$60 a box, which still makes covering difficult, especially when former good sellers of Ryan Lochte and Missy Franklin are in the toilet as far as prices...

Back