Adrian Peterson saga continues

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
now the NFL has suspended him pretty much indefinitely...so if you have him on your fantasy team, he wont be playing Sunday, but I wouldn't drop him yet...

NFL punishment makes no sense...here is a breakdown of what things will cost you...

$100,000
Coach cursing at officials.
Coach impedes movement on a kick return that likely would have been a touchdown.

$30,000
Player can blindside a coach on the sidelines
Player celebrating a touchdown

$22,000
Player on Player blindside
Player on Player helmet to helmet hit
Player on Player hit to defenseless player

$11,000
Player curses at official
Player celebrates a touchdown
Player wears red socks during game

$10,000
Player wearing unapproved headphones at a press conference

$8000
Player with illegal chop block resulting in injury of another player.
Player on Player late hit

$5,000
Player curses at official
Player throws ball into the stands
Player wears black shoes
Player with unapproved facemask (though previously approved, and not a safety issue)
Player wears blue cleats

so wearing headphones at a press conference is worse than causing bodily harm with illegal chop block?
so wearing red socks in a game is worse than wearing black shoes during a game?
so a touchdown celebration is as bad as intentionally taking out a coach on the sidelines?...sometimes

makes no sense

Those sock and shoe color ones are really ridiculous.

I recall hearing about some player putting on the wrong jersey for a game and then having to return to the locker room with the right one (actually that might have been a baseball game)

those are actual fines handed out this season by the NFL...

I would like it to be more consistent, I mean from time to time you can have a 'elevated' thing, but why is a helmet to helmet that does not result in injury cost more than an illegal hit that causes a guy to miss a couple games?

if they want the penalties to hurt the same basic amount, make it a percentage of the base salary, not a 'flat' rate...also, the numbers are rounded DOWN to the nearest $1000

Back