2016 Topps Olympics releases this week

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
yet, no checklist to be found..still

I don't know how common it is for sets to release information ahead of box releases, but this is a HUGE miss in my book...not saying I would have preordered a case, but I would have ordered if I knew who all was in it...instead there is just a sell sheet with a couple of pictures...

anyway, if any of you crack any, I know id have interest in a few athletes IF they are in the product:
1. Georganne Moline
2. Natalie Coughlin
3. Mckayla Maroney
4. Kyla Ross

would have been great to know most of the autos in advance...instead all I can find is on the sell sheet and the archery guy that doesn't have arms...yes, he has an auto

well, it was pushed to June, then to July, and now is due out again this week...

the 'sell sheet' says 100 card base set, but a checklist has been released and it is only 75 cards and has some head scratchers, like Abby Wambach (retired after World Cup), Rulon Gardner (was in like 2000 games), Bob Beamon (from the 60's/70's), and a few others...

second cards of not marquee athletes like Kim Rhode (in her defense, shes been to like 6 games), Alana Nichols (para Olympic, she was in the winter games for skiing, shes canoeing now), and passed over Jordan Burroughs (wrestling), Alex Morgan, Hope Solo from getting a second card...

they also somehow completely missed Ashton Eaton (Track & Field) and KATIE LEDECKY (Swimming, if she doesn't win 2 solo golds and a couple medals in relays id be shocked)...

Natalie Coughlin is in the set, so ill have to pick some of those up, apparently she didn't qualify for any solo events, but no Georganne Moline, Kyla Ross, or Mckayla Maroney...

Phelps and Lochte are in the set again...

so glad I didn't dump a ton of money into a preorder on this stuff...I cant believe they missed Ledecky...that would be like a major sport set missing like a Mike Trout, Tom Brady, LeBron...keep in mind, there is NO LEDECKY stuff made yet either...would have EASILY came out over $200 on the auto...

no clue what is with the delays either...many of the trials are going to be done by the time the set releases...so much for 'hopeful'...either they made it or they didn't...

and now the sadness continues, Georganne Moline is OUT due to injury so she wont be competing on Sunday as I had hoped...so my last 'hot chick hopeful' is Jenna Prandini in the 200m...

Back