1988 vermont griffey psa 9 no qualifiers

Discussion in 'Hobby Talk' started by george, Aug 11, 2013.

1. george

georgeGuest

I have this card. It was graded by psa in 1990 when they started grading minor league cards. What is the value of this card. I cannot find one anywhere

2. Mike

MikeThrow Up The X! Staff Member

Hi, george. Welcome to TCZ. Assuming you're talking about the 1988 Procards Griffey, it's worth somewhere around $30.

3. george

georgeGuest

4. george

georgeGuest

howdy mike, i wanted to write you back but somehow it has taken a month. This vermont ,1988 minor league card has a population of 3 out of nearly 2700 graded. Remember, there is no oc on this card. look up in psa population. I would think the value to be much higher than your initial response. thanks gamblingeorge--red star seller of ebay.

5. Mike

MikeThrow Up The X! Staff Member

You could probably get more for it, depending on where you sell it but the last one to sell on eBay sold for $27. It was a PSA 9 also. Generally speaking, most people only pay premiums for 9.5 and 10 grades. Also, to get that premium with a 9.5 grade, you usually need at least 1 subgrade of 10. Keep in mind that's not necessarily always the case. That's just been my experience with not so rare cards that are graded.