1960 Mickey Mantle #350 Topps Gem Mint Condition

a reasonable offer since it is in gem mint condition

atrain2004 said:
what do want for that card

I would have to have at least 800.00 as the card once graded will go for triple or quadruple this price-I havent seen a mickey mantle in this great a condition ever! I hesitate to sell it so if you want it you better act before I change my mind :)

If I were you, I'd get it graded then list it on Ebay. I'm mean, why wouldn't you want the "triple or quadruple" money you say it will get.

Just my opinion.

because psa grading takes time and also i thought i would...

RZ11 said:
If I were you, I'd get it graded then list it on Ebay. I'm mean, why wouldn't you want the "triple or quadruple" money you say it will get.

Just my opinion.

give someone a chance to get it before it is out of their price range entirely as I am not greedy just want a fair price--try buying a mickey mantle in gem mint condition for 800.00-you can't-so once it is graded your average joe wont be able to afford what they really want-while your logic is applicable to most, I am not in this for just the money but to see the card is bought by someone who will really appreciate it-a rarity I know :)

i need to see a better scan of the card, im willing to purchase it but a blurry picture and your word isnt good enough for me honestly. you would also need to obviously send first!

sultanofswat7 said:
give someone a chance to get it before it is out of their price range entirely as I am not greedy just want a fair price--try buying a mickey mantle in gem mint condition for 800.00-you can't-so once it is graded your average joe wont be able to afford what they really want-while your logic is applicable to most, I am not in this for just the money but to see the card is bought by someone who will really appreciate it-a rarity I know :)

Though it's a nice "looking" card. I would venture to say that it wouldn't grade at a "Gem Mint" (PSA10 or BVG 9.5) as you've said a few times.

Several similar looking examples of ungraded 1960 Topps Mantles have ended in the $300. range - those, like yours, looked VERY nice to the eye.

While I'm not a grader, but do have an extensive history (20+ years) of dealing with sportscards from the 50's-70's, I would say that provided this particular card has not been trimmed or altered in any way...it has a good chance at grading at a PSA 6 OC. If that were to be the case, I would put a value of $275-$300 on it.

Note: I have no interest in this card in any way. I am merely stating my educated opinion.

While buying any older card ungraded is a huge risk, due to the risks of alteration, trimming, doctoring etc, it is a nice looking example of a 1960 Topps Mantle - as are the other cards in your gallery.

I would say that comparring it to other cards on ebay...same condition etc...bsaed on the picture you have provided....the estimate in the message above is more than likely the range you are looking at

the lowest I will go for the mantle is 500.00 and contrary to mr educated opinion-it is easily a psa8 as I have seen a lot of graded cards-it seems this is more a trade for nothing site than a place where people want to buy quality cards

sultanofswat7 said:
the lowest I will go for the mantle is 500.00 and contrary to mr educated opinion-it is easily a psa8 as I have seen a lot of graded cards-it seems this is more a trade for nothing site than a place where people want to buy quality cards

Since you're so sure it will grade an 8, send it in. A PSA 8 1960 Topps Mantle would be a hot commodity on Ebay and would fetch around $600, give or take. A win-win for you.

I mean, you'd do so much better that way rather then wasting your time on a trade for nothing site. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just to familarize you with how things work, in case you were unaware. Nobody here is naive or unknowledgable about this hobby, whether it be football, baseball, basketball or whatnot. If they don't know there are many members here with years of experience that are willing to help by offering their advice and opinions.

With that said, nobody is going to buy an ungraded card at graded prices. Period. They will however, more than likely be willing to buy a raw card at raw prices.

Your ungraded Mantle will fetch $250-$300 max.

And certainly no one will buy an ungraded 1960 Topps card expecting it to grade a PSA 8 simply because the seller says so.

Good luck to you with whatever you decide to do with your cards.

Back