Basketball Zo Mourning still wants to play!!

Hands

Bench Warmer
The Heat is expected Tuesday to formally introduce Jamaal Magloire, which would make him the fourth center under contract.

Still, one of the biggest questions in the middle for the Heat is a center who will not be under contract at the Sept. 27 start of training camp.

But that doesn't mean Alonzo Mourning won't be back, not after all the work he's put in since last December's devastating knee injury.

"We can't say, 'OK, we're slotting him in,' " Heat President Pat Riley said last week. "I mean, I'm going to absolutely respect Zo's desire to come back, but he will not be under contract at the start of the season.

"I'm going to sit down and talk to Zo, and Zo's going to continue to rehab and get to the point and see what he can do."

Mourning turns 39 in February. But neither age nor a kidney transplant have stopped the man who almost certainly will now be remembered as the greatest center in franchise history.

"We have to remember," Riley said, "that this guy has proven above and beyond a doubt that he is capable of coming back from anything. We can never, ever discount the size of this man's heart, his courage and his will that he could overcome this, too. So, there'll always be an open mind to that."

No wonder he became a legend!

Most players at 39y.o would just enjoy retirement!

He must love balling so much ;)

Zo has heart for himself. The guy is just like Steve Francis. When a player demands a trade to a contendar so he can walk away with a ring, it disrespects great playeres like Malone and Stockton.

Zo demanded a trade to a team that would win a ring when he was on the Nets. He got traded to Toronto, where he wouldnt even report. The Raptors had no choice but to pay the 10 million and trade him to the Head for NOTHING. Because Zo would not play. So lets get this straight.. Zo demands a trade as if he is a GOD, then the Raps have no choice but to pay him out, while he gets a free ride for a ring. Thats not heart. Thats a show of a pathetic player and greed.

Stockton and Malone toughed it out on their team. They never won a ring. Most importantly they never travelled from team to team hoping to score a ring the easy way. Yes Malone pulled that at the end of his career, but only after stockton had retired. I have no respect for players who get paid millions to play a ball game and then go around demanded teams pay them millions and give them an easy road to a ring.

STOCKTON I agree with.... MALONE did the SAME thing though so I dont have respect for him either as far as "ONLY palying for a contender'... you can put ZO in the same catagory as

Karl Malone (I still cant stomach that he went to the Lakers)
Gary Payton (traded to LA...then Boston, then Miami)
Scottie Pippen (when he "played", and I used that term LOOSELY, with the Rockets)
Steve Francis (whining about be drafted by the Grizzlies)
Eli Manning (whining about being drafted by the Chargers)

spoiled MILLIONAIRES .... BUT the same can be said for owners... it sickens me still that some owners "let guys go" that have been with them their whole careers and deserved better..these guys should have NEVER played for another team

Hakeem Olajuwon (played for the Raptors)
Patrick Ewing (played for Seattle AND Orlando)
Michael Jordan (the AWFUL Wizards LOL)
Joe Montana (Kansas city Chiefs)
Scottie Pippen (Rockets/Trail Blazers)
Dennis Rodman (Mavericks/Lakers)
Emmit Smith (Arizona Cardinals)

I'm sure there are others but the "GREED" goes both ways with players and owners

BUT back to the MAIN topic... the fact that ZO went through the Kidney issues and is playing at all is amazing...forget that he gets paid SICK money.... it's amazing that he has the will or drive to play at ALL

ac-n-mike said:
STOCKTON I agree with.... MALONE did the SAME thing though so I dont have respect for him either as far as "ONLY palying for a contender'... you can put ZO in the same catagory as

Karl Malone (I still cant stomach that he went to the Lakers)
Gary Payton (traded to LA...then Boston, then Miami)
Scottie Pippen (when he "played", and I used that term LOOSELY, with the Rockets)
Steve Francis (whining about be drafted by the Grizzlies)
Eli Manning (whining about being drafted by the Chargers)

spoiled MILLIONAIRES .... BUT the same can be said for owners... it sickens me still that some owners "let guys go" that have been with them their whole careers and deserved better..these guys should have NEVER played for another team

Hakeem Olajuwon (played for the Raptors)
Patrick Ewing (played for Seattle AND Orlando)
Michael Jordan (the AWFUL Wizards LOL)
Joe Montana (Kansas city Chiefs)
Scottie Pippen (Rockets/Trail Blazers)
Dennis Rodman (Mavericks/Lakers)
Emmit Smith (Arizona Cardinals)

I'm sure there are others but the "GREED" goes both ways with players and owners

BUT back to the MAIN topic... the fact that ZO went through the Kidney issues and is playing at all is amazing...forget that he gets paid SICK money.... it's amazing that he has the will or drive to play at ALL

There are many players that played with injuries and ailements throughout their careers. Sean Elliot is one of them. I think his story is more inspring then Zo who pretty much bought his ring.

Back