what is it?...cant find anything

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
ok, so a year or more back i got a card, a Marshawn Lynch Upper Deck, so when i went to list it, i checked out to see if it was an SP or something, as i know there are variations and such...

n5-5.jpg

n6-5.jpg

ok, 2 completely different poses right?...EVERY card listed under 2007 Upper Deck Marshawn Lynch (as well as UD) comes up with the "Flip" version

i go to beckett OPG to use the checklist, shows a 'regular' a 'rookie exclusive' (both flip photo), and a 'target exclusive' with no picture, so i go to Google and see the 'target exclusive' is also the backflip photo

the ONLY difference i see on the back is next to the NFL shield to the right the "Flip" has 9ZJTT in the box, and the "Portrait" version that i can find NOTHING about has 2T44G...

anyone know anything?

on eBay tons of stuff have the 'target exclusive' and its the white border, so its confusing...looks like the folks at blowout are saying the same thing with the gray, just odd that there aren't any online with a proper photo

I hate the variations that not marked, or the stuff special to different Retailers, along with the parallel hell, or when they release SP info after product been out a month. All of those things drive me away from collecting. As a Player collector now it is highly annoying to not be able to tell the difference on a variation like that. Let alone why do I need 15+ different parallels for the same freaking card? And it is fairly normal for folks to post things wrong, as I looked all over net to try to find an answer for you and that was only thing I found about it for that older set, imagine what it be like 10 years from now trying to figure out what variation a card is.

I spent 10=15 minutes poking around between ebay beckett and comc before playing with google...and yeah, would be much easier if they made the difference known...

another nice resource would be if there was a database of pack odds for various pulls - I bought a TON of Olympics stuff last year and it really wouldn't take long to do up a list of something like Retail/Blaster Packs, Relic 1:12 Auto 1:18 Rings Patch 1:3200 Sochi Pin 1:3500, and then Hobby Relic 1:12 Auto 1:18 Rings Patch 1:320 Sochi Pin 1:320 Hobby Exclusive Champions Auto 1:72 or something, because with the 2014 Olympic stuff the odds were seriously different between blasters and hobby on the 'rare' stuff, no joke, stuff that is 1:3000 blaster packs you would get 2 per hobby case, but the basic 'inserts' were the same across the run...I know there have been a number of times I wanted to see how hard it was to pull whatever auto, relic, insert from a product that is 3+ years old, so you cant easily find boxes on ebay or online retailers to see, or if the retailer does have it, they wont show the part of the box that has the pack odds and such...

Back