This won't last long - 1986/87 Fleer Basketball PSA 9 Set Break - Card Random - $49.99

Your chance at a MJ PSA 9 rookie card or one of the other 143 cards in the set. Hope it OK to post something like this from another site, if not MOD please delete. I'm paid & in for sure, there's a number of key rookies in this set not just MJ. Includes the 11 stickers all PSA 9.

One thing that's always been unique about TCZ is the fact that we don't try to pretend like every other sports card forum doesn't exist. I don't have some absurd vision of TCZ becoming the end-all of sports card forums. So yeah, you're free to post as much as you want about other sites, as long as it isn't blatant spam. There are a lot of members of TCZ, myself included, who are members of multiple forums.

Oh, and good luck! Hope you get the Jordan!

interesting...what do regular 9's of turds sell for $15?...its a good way to do it I suppose, allows you to move the crap with the nice, but at auction I wonder what the full set would do, obviously it would be less than the $50 a card

SOLD OUT in 2 hours & 43 minutes, I'm in for 2 spots. The random is about an hour from now, I'll post what I get. They are going to random the list of 143 three times & you get the card number of your random spot or spots. MJ is card number 57 but like I said before there are a number of key rookies in the release.

I got these 2, #56Vinnie Johnson & 113 Wayman Tisdale RC.
Note: Jordan's R/C is card #57 soooo close.

I would try this again anytime. If anyone has Beckett OPG for BKB - would you run the numbers on the 2 cards - thanks in advance.

win some - loose some, this wasn't an expensive break & a legit shot at some of these rookies all PSA 9 was worth it, next time only doing one spot & hope for some Karma.

Yeah, I'd say this was definitely worth the shot at the price, especially if you've got some extra cash to spend. When else would you have a shot at buying a Michael Jordan PSA 9 rookie at $50?

I spent my dough earlier that day or i would have joined it . Some good RC's from that yr some of those stickers sell big as well.

Wonder if this would work well with other sets out there as I believe they were able to make a nice little profit on this flip and could have priced the slots even higher. What other sets do you see this format working for?

Any vintage BB set containing Mantle?
1965 Topps FB?
Maybe a modern subset (2012 FB Patch Auto Set)?
1979 Hockey?

Just curious what others think? Would this work with raw sets or would it have to be graded only?

Would love to see this with some vintage & I expect this went so well they will do it again. They sold & people paid for 143 spots in less than 3 hours. I think these will always work better if it's a graded set being broke up. There are 2 or 3 people picking up singles from guys who didn't pull anything for PC, this was a great opportunity for them either to fill sets they were working on or always wanted to start. I personally think we are entering a new era for Vintage, I'm seeing a lot of product that contains some sort of vintage stuff. The last few releases from the Hero's of Sport guys had some awesome vintage pieces, saw a few cards from 1900's that you just don't see that often.

I only see it working with graded and it would need to be a closely graded set, cant really do a set that has like PSA5 and PSA8 in it, that's too far apart, im sure 84 and 86 Topps football would work in 9s as well

He did it before with a 75 topps baseball PSA set . it's really a cheap chance at a top card just like a box . But better odds overall and you know the grade.

Back