the end of Topps Football?

Well, they still have baseball. I guess this is just the new route for these player unions to take. Everyone is reaching for these exclusive deals. I guess it's probably easier for them to only have to deal with a single company, because I can't imagine how it might be more profitable from a player union perspective.

I do gotta say, though, this line did make me happy:

"I want to get kids back to collecting sets again," Warsop said. "And if that means that we could have a product whose packs sell for 50 cents, and make no money on it, to grow the category, we can now do that."

I'm glad to see that they're at least going to be thinking about ways to get more kids, or just set collectors in general, more involved in the hobby. Whether or not it can work, though, is another story.

Could be good or bad. If Panini decides to flood the market with cards since they will be the only one making them cards will be worthless. If they play it smart and limit the runs so people will buy them more it will keep interest in the cards.

yes, but Upper Deck went to college logos, Press Pass and Sage have had to go to airbrushed, so does Topps continue in some manner?

not worried about the company as a whole, because its not like they don't have other ventures, but Topps has been the mainstay of trading cards for the last 60 years

Back