Team Box Breaks

packman80

Prospect
Transactions: 1
Has anyone ever done one of those ebay auctions were you purchase the link to to a box break of a team you want and get the cards out of that break for your team? If so did it go good for you did you get any good cards or was it a waste of money? Thinking of doing one. 2013 Leaf Metal 1 box break.

NO I haven't done any Ebay breaks, and I will not do them on places like Ebay. My first thought about them on Ebay is at first Ebay said they were going to ban them because they were considered "gambling", maybe Ebay has changed their stance on them since group breaks in general are really popular. Group box breaks are a great way to get higher end cards of your PC team for team collectors on a low budget.

Each group break you participate has some risk/gamble that you might not get any "hits" and/or even base cards of your team. Especially the higher end products where there are only 5 or less high-end GU or Auto cards in the "pack". It is best to look and shop around and mostly look at those who are hosting the breaks. Try to research their previous breaks. It would probably be best to start with a low-budget "cheaper" priced group break on forum sites like on here or other card forums. I have been fortunate in that most of the breaks I've participated in have been run well and the host tries to be fair to all who are participating. Sometimes just the choice of the product to break shows how fair the break will be. Some hosts go out of their way to make sure that everyone in the break will come out with at least something, even if they have to send a "hit" from some other product from some cards they already had in their trade stacks. I don't think Ebay break hosts will try to be fair. They just want to at least break even on the cost of the box(es) and hopefully have a PC hit or a hit from an unclaimed team that they can sell for a ridiculously high price overprice of the real sell value.

I'm with Kirk on this one. I wouldn't want to break with any of those guys. I want to know the person hosting the break, as well as some of the other guys in the break. I did a few of those breaks with the guys on BlogTV and Breakers.TV and they're just so impersonal. It wasn't enjoyable for me at all, even when I did get nice hits.

Another thing you'll notice when watching these breaks is that a lot of those guys are making money (sometimes even doubling their money) on these breaks. I don't like that. If the host makes enough just to cover their team, no big deal, but there are a lot of those guys making a LOT more money than that and I just don't want to deal with those guys. I'd prefer to deal with guys who don't make any money at all, not even enough to cover their spot. Hosting a break is fun, at least for me. It's not some job that I want to pay anyone to do. Again, this all just goes back to knowing, and trusting, the break host.

Just like Kirk, I like to stick with the "group" breaks where you're breaking with the same guys monthly. I'd recommend checking out any of the monthly groups here at TCZ or over at TCC. They're all hosted by top notch guys who don't treat it like a job, but rather as a hobby. I haven't been around the other sites enough to vouch for any of their hosts.

I have done some with breakers that I have learned to trust, just it get some PC of some if the newer products. There are only three that I trust right now, but none are nearly as fun as doing the group breaks with people you know.

Back