serious question

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
for the long time buyers, have you noticed an uptick in selling prices of things?...im a bit out of the loop as I have an inventory that has been highly picked over, but it seems that there are fewer and fewer steals out there, especially in terms of decent sized auto lots (50+)...I am seeing lots of ugly mixed lots that are like 20% autos and 80% relics selling for about the per card average for what I typically pay for 100% auto lots...

keep in mind I deal with mostly 2005-2010 stuff, sometimes newer, sometimes older, but my wheelhouse is the 2005-2010 stuff really...

so have others noticed an 'improved' market across the board for sellers...maybe its just that we are in the football season, but I don't usually notice prices at the level they are currently at...a lot full of 'recent' washouts 2010-2012 Contenders and such, no real SPs, no one really productive in the league if they were even in the league sold for over $1.50 per card...the 2014 Contenders should be coming out soon I would think, so a lot made of complete junk should be selling under $1.25 per card dlvd...

I haven't been in buying mode for awhile so hard to say. Does seem like I have been selling more the past month though.

You know the deal, "Demand & Supply", people will pay for an auto and sit on the damn thing like a stock, bad move! Although I have had leftovers that I couldn't give away that suddenly became famous and more than tripled in price. I suppose if you wait long enough anything might turn from rust to gold...LOL!!!!

Ted - not sure you read the question.

My inventory is football heavy. Just a quick analysis of my records: October was my 2nd best month of the year, April was 1st. A big caveat was in April I was creating a lot of new listings, whereas I did not do any in October. And in the past 2 weeks, I have sold 5 cards for $25+, which is not common for me as most of my inventory comes from big lots where I get into cards for pennies on the dollar and am happy with $3 sales. Before that, I only had 7 $25+ sales in 2014 and even fewer than that in all of 2013.

COMC has taken up a lot of lots as well Jason . I only put more higher end or easier selling cards on the Bay.

I thought COMC had completely tanked. I have not added anything on there in awhile because sales were so bad.

I got my first offer in months on COMC yesterday. I declined, but it was nice to at least see some kind of activity there. I've been meaning to just request all my cards from there and be done with it.

I've gotten an offer or two lately, but had to reject them. Most of them I was already the lowest price (if others had the same card) sometimes below $1 even for a card that lists maybe 2 bucks tops. The "offers" were were simply lower than what I was willing to drop.

Back