RIP Press Pass, Inc.

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Darren Rovel, who is an ESPN sports business reporter announced via Twitter today that sports card manufacturer Press Pass, Inc. is closing its doors. I guess times are getting tougher and tougher for all sports card manufacturers, and this just proves that point. They certainly weren't the most dominant, but NASCAR fans will be extremely disappointed.

Well, it's Facebook official now.

Press Pass said:
We're disappointed to announce that Press Pass is closing day to day operations, effective immediately. We are very thankful for the years of support from all of our customers and consumers and will greatly miss our interactions with them.

Over the past 22 years we've strived to produce compelling products that serve the interests of our end consumers. While it has not always been perfect, we have truly enjoyed our successes, and the relationships that we've built with so many who share our passion for trading cards.

I am gonna miss Press Pass, I liked getting the cards from my U of M PC out of there, hopefully Upper Deck will still be putting out the college cards

I am gonna miss Press Pass, I liked getting the cards from my U of M PC out of there, hopefully Upper Deck will still be putting out the college cards

You know I didn't think of this until you said something (I'm not in to college products), but this might actually help Upper Deck out a little bit. In fact, now I'm wondering if Upper Deck getting the NCAA license might have had something to do with the demise of Press Pass.

Back