Prime Example as to why eBay charges fees on shipping

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hotcardsfor...c&pt=US_Baseball&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I guess its cheaper to list, but fees are the same or more on shipping...I think shipping is at 12% and auctions at 10%

asked the guy about combined shipping/local pickup...if he offers pickup, ill just send Giantfan Rob a couple hundred bucks to go get it, but since we know this dude is simply trying to bait buyers, no way he is dumb enough to agree to that...

i asked him if he does combined shipping or offers pickup and he stated that he clearly explains shipping cost in each description, which he doesn't, so I told him he doesn't, and I could easily drive out there and pick them up for way less than he is charging or have a friend in upstate NY drive down and mail them to me, his response 'enjoy the gridlock'

ive driven San Diego to Chicago in 28.5 hours with a friend, 2100 miles, it was 7 tanks of gas....I don't know how far it is to NYC, but I know it isn't 2100 miles, so MAX of $500 in food/gas, figure $50 in tolls...if he does free local pickup, if my dude upstate wont drive down for $400 and mail it to me, ill drive out there after hitting all his BINs...screw that guy

Guy has only 14 feedback. My guess is he is trying to sucker people into bidding without them looking at shipping and when they win they notice he threatens them with a NPB mark if they don't pay him.

For a guy that has been registered a month? Guy is a scam artist try to get as much cash as he can before he gets caught and banned and moves on to next user name or scam.

Why folks even buy from folks that list things that way is beyond me. And yeah should be kicked off Ebay as not "reasonable shipping price", unless they don't have that criteria anymore. What I don't get is there is four different listings and four different shipping rates between $600 and just shy of $4,000, I mean "huh, how do you justify that one?"

Back