My upcoming estate sale

bajmurray

Prospect
Transactions: 6
As you may be aware, I retired last year (a little earlier than planned, but at a good time nonetheless). She Who Must Be Obeyed and I have spent the past year deciding where we want to retire to, and have decided on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We have purchased a house, and will move as soon as this one sells.

As most retired couples do, we have decided to downsize. Therefore, we are going to have an estate sale to get rid of as much of our accumulated "stuff" as we can (so we don't have to move it!)

A lot of what I am getting rid of are sports cards & collectibles. I thought I would post the link to the sale here in case there is anybody within reasonable travelling distance of here who might be interested in coming over for the sale, or else knows someone who might be interested.

The sale is scheduled for:

Thursday, May 7 4 PM to 7 PM
Friday, May 8 9 AM to 3 PM
Saturday, May 9 AM to 3 PM

The link is as follows:

http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/IL/Dekalb/60115/843819

As you can see, we have a lot of stuff!

The address of the sale will not be published until Wednesday May 6, in order to keep people from knocking on our door at all hours of the day prior to the sale. We are able to say we are in DeKalb, Illinois (60115)

We have contracted with an estate sale company, so we must abide by their rules. If you are interested, here are some things to note:
1) Any communication about items must be done through FHM (their contact info in in the link)
2) All sales are done in person. If you are interested in something, you or another person has to come here to buy it. there are no sales via phone, e-mail etc.
3) Price are not disclosed in advance. Prices are firm, and any offers made will not be considered until the final day of the sale, so if someone wants something, they need to act quickly.

Thanks for reading, and I appreciate having the opportunity to post here!

Best wishes, I'm stepping out in September & can't wait. Will likely stay in the Nashville area as we both are natives & love the area. Good luck with your sales & have a fantastic retirement. Hope you get to keep a few good pieces & remember the times.

Best wishes, I'm stepping out in September & can't wait. Will likely stay in the Nashville area as we both are natives & love the area. Good luck with your sales & have a fantastic retirement. Hope you get to keep a few good pieces & remember the times.
I'm in mount Juliet

Good luck on both the sale and the retirement! If it was a tiny bit closer I'd show up!

I go to estate sales on a regular basis here in South Florida. They are a blast every time I attend. I wish you success.

Side Note:
Was Florida on your list of possible retirement cities?

Best of luck to you on the move Brian! For hoarders like us the downsizing part's always a little tough.

Best of luck to you on the move Brian! For hoarders like us the downsizing part's always a little tough.

I just rented a 8x13 climate controlled storage unit. :p I'm sure he's only downsizing because of the move. Us hoarders never downsize. lol

Tomorrow (Saturday) will be the last day.

Everything that did not sell on Thursday and Friday will be at least 50% off!

Back