My Brett Favre Auto is a FAKE....

Deangelo Hall Fan

Bench Warmer
Just copying the copy from BMB, as I don't feel like typing again.

Hello everyone, I some might recall I posted a mail day thread with a sweet looking 91 Classic Four Sport Auto Brett Favre /2600.

Anyway, I got the card, removed it from the case and put it in a top loader. Yesterday I brought it into the store I work at and one of my fellow workers who is a card EXPERT, asked if I had looked at it carefully. And I had been somewhat suspicious, but the card looked fine. The only thing that bothered me, was the fact that it didn't match his other autos, but since it was a rookie auto I thought it might have changed over the years.

Anyway, he takes it out of the holder and says he thinks that the Cert is glued onto the back of the Favre. And under closer inspection, we can see that it appears that way.

We find a tiny over lap on the bottom left, and I carefully pulled it up a tad. I saw the same border as the Favre, but OF instead of QB. I knew what is was as soon as I saw it and ripped the two cards apart.

We found that the person had taken a regular Favre base, auto'ed it and #ed it. And then taken a Mike Kelly REAL Auto'ed classic four sport auto and glued it to the back, so that it would have a real cert on the back. He did a decent job, but thankfully I caught it before selling.

Now looking at the card, I can see that the Auto is terrible and that the numbering is signed in the same ink as the auto. In the samples below, notice the Mike Kelly is numbered in a finer pen. BEcause the player doesn't do the number, just the auto.

I did trade for this card via a BMB'er, and he has not yet responded, but has signed in. I WILL NOT post his ID yet, and give him a chance to make it right.

But I wanted to show everyone! INSPECT your cards before trading/selling!!!!!!

Here is the card when I first got it:

BrettFavreAuto.jpg

BrettFavreAutoBack.jpg

HERE IS THE FRONT OF THE FAKE FAVRE AND THE REAL BACK OF THE FAKE CARD:

BF.jpg

BFback.jpg

You can see the ink on the back from the Kelly Auto :roll:

HERE'S THE KELLY THAT WAS GLUED UNDER THE FAVRE, And the back of the card that is how a REAL Favre should look like from the set if the card is auto'ed!:

MK.jpg

MKback.jpg

Makes you wonder what other junk is out there... sucks that someone would do that! :ban:

Yah, I was a little suspicious because I have never seen a Classic auto of Favre from his rookie year. Sorry. :(

Ouch if he's giving probs contact the police on him if need be. or lets us know where he lives maybe one of us live close to him

Back