interesting email this morning

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
"Dear sliqwill,

THE OTHER LISTINGS FOR THIS CARD AR ALL OVER $20............WHY DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO BE SO CHEAP...............ITS THIS MENTALITY OF CARD SELLERS THAT HAVE CAUSED CARD PRICES TO PLUMMET ON EBAY..........EVERYBODY JUST GIVES SHIT AWAY.............AND NOBODY MAKES ANY MONEY.
NO OTHER BUSINESS LETS CUSTOMERS SET THEIR PRICES ON PRODUCTS"

:scratch:

I responded that when I see something so underpriced I buy it...if it is so grossly underpriced, why complain, why not just buy...

my card is listed at $7.49 BIN/BO, has been up for a week with no offers...there are tons of things I see where cards are completely overpriced and have absolutely no movement...I see no point in putting my stuff in the middle of all the others listed, when my goal is to get in and get out...

Someone over at CnC room on Breakers was saying they got a similar email from someone on Ebay, most folks said they never have got one like that....either a trend or someone thinks they can change values by themselves ;) LOL

o_O If I saw something overly underpriced and I wanted it I would buy it up not complain that it is too cheap. In fact I prefer underpriced. What that guy was saying about Ebay prices plummeting I haven't noticed (at least not to my cheap satisfaction). If anything I see things all overpriced OVERPRICED OVERPRICED I rarely see anything underpriced.

Someone over at CnC room on Breakers was saying they got a similar email from someone on Ebay, most folks said they never have got one like that....either a trend or someone thinks they can change values by themselves ;) LOL
Hmmm it could be someone trying to stir up trouble for average Joe sellers. Maybe they are a shiller for specific seller and they are trying to get already overinflated prices more overinflated.

It's probably a seller who is trying to sell the same item at a ridiculously high price and he's pissed off at you because you're trying to sell it for what it's worth.

there are like 4 people that have the card listed for $20-$25 and I have mine at $7.49, there are ZERO completed sales, because people want the moon for the card...

I try to be the most competitive I can be on stuff, so I can make my money and move on, if I get $7.49 out of it I feel that I make money on it, as I got it in a lot and I figured it as one of the 'profit' cards...1 guy, selling 1 card, isn't killing the industry...the reasons sales go stagnant is because people 'hold cards for ransom'...if I told you who the card was, you would have to google to even know what sport it was...not a well known name at all

"..if I told you who the card was, you would have to google to even know what sport it was...not a well known name at all"

That makes these sellers overpricing it even worse. An unknown Joe Schmo card should not be so highly priced. Most Ebay sellers are greedy SOBs.

You should just respond with "if it is so underpriced, then buy it from me and you can make the killing on it" ;) LOL

i did...maybe the lady is the best of the best at US Fencing, but it isn't widely televised...i have her listed at what i sell my 'commons' for $7.49, but yeah, im not going to raise the price...i don't understand why someone just paid more than double what i have an auto listed for....that is what gets me...i have a card for $24.99 and someone buys the same card for $65...

i did...maybe the lady is the best of the best at US Fencing, but it isn't widely televised...i have her listed at what i sell my 'commons' for $7.49, but yeah, im not going to raise the price...i don't understand why someone just paid more than double what i have an auto listed for....that is what gets me...i have a card for $24.99 and someone buys the same card for $65...
I can only think of 2 good reasons why someone would buy the SAME card for more and one lousy reason.
1) They didn't see the lower priced listing.
2) They regularly buy from the seller they bought the 2 or 3 times priced card from and are showing blind loyalty.
3) (the stinker reason) They thought the lower priced card was a fake. I mean HOW could anyone be selling a card for $25 that all the other sellers are selling for at least $50? It must be a fake.

I think its a combination of lazy and stupid...grabbing whatever is first on whatever the ebay setting is and not searching by 'lowest first' they see 'ending soonest' or 'newest listed'...

when im looking for something specific, I always go lowest price, especially with things like books and cds, tangible goods, not cards, in cards, sometimes the lowest price is beat-up, but with a decent scan one can see it looks good...I didn't see if they had it listed in a different category, but usually you can find steals if you search outside the normal...like Shawn Johnson Allen and Ginter relics that I was selling for $50 in Cards/Olympics, and in Cards/Baseball they were $25..its in a baseball product, but being a gymnast, its more money in Olympics...same with Mckayla Maroney...

Back