headscratcher...possible steal for someone?

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
http://www.ebay.com/sch/bigg.will.s...h=item25aaa73b49&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

im not touching it, but im sure someone will...

I have bought some 'newer' high end stuff from brand new sellers in the past, but never something vintage that probably has more fakes out there than real ones...

even if dude had it PSA/BGS/SGC certified, it wouldn't go for as much as someone with 1000 feedback...

also, to me, the centering looks spot on, and the numbering looks fuzzy...

if you feel like a gamble, throw some bucks at it I guess...

oh, and if you are selling 2 Jordan Rookies, why list a bunch of $1-$5 stuff along with it?...makes it look way worse

The thing that concerns me is the left hand edge (front) appears to be frayed some or possibly perforated. To me that is NOT MINT. On the back the slightly blurred numbering is a bit disturbing along with the bull's eyes in the logo a real card should have clear and defined areas with some white not all blurred blud. Hmm The title says MINT yet the Item Condition says "Like New".

It looks pretty good, but... upon a little further digging and looking at the site from this link it probably is not.
http://bbcemporium.com/1986-fleer-micheal-jordan-counterfeit-guide/

The seller could probably swear up and down that he got it from a legit source or that the person he bought from assured him it was real. He might even claim he pulled it from a pack (not sure if he would go that far but some people would). That doesn't change the fact that it is a risky card and a high probability of it being fake.

I don't know anything about Jordan RCs, but I have seen lots in the past that have Gretzky RCs and such that I know nothing about...I suppose if someone was local and wanted to check it could be worth it, but again, something like this, from a seller like this, just has wrong written all over it...I though most people knew that you build up a decent amount of feedback before trying to sell HUGE cards...and yeah, the non auto did appear to have a bit of a ding on the front, but still its a couple hundred bucks, but my guess is fake and worth $1 or $5 as a novelty...

Back