Football College Football thread

urbanmonk

Bench Warmer
Start a thread for College Football talk, general thoughts, thoughts about your Team etc......the usual rules, fine to be a "homer" but no "trolling" and all that nonsense (a little rivalry banter is fine within limits ;) ).

Oregon State's first game today (home) against Portland State (even on TV as PAC12 carrying it local, as town of 50K and the stadium holds 46K the infrastructure isn't set up very well for that kind of traffic, if you not going to the game then it is always best to stay home, as if you pick the wrong time to order pizza it takes an hour to go 4 miles in your car, that and UofO is 45 miles away so when the Ducks have a home game same day (like today) I-5 and HWY 99 can have movement similar to a parking lot ;) ). Always a concern the early OOC games for the Beavers as the first few games they don't always have it together for whatever reason, and seem to overlook a team that shouldn't beat them let alone stay close, especially those OOC games with teams from a different level in the NCAA (last year it was Eastern Washington with the upset). Some concerns at who is going to step up at the RB position, and also the Receivers as Brandin Cooks will be very tough shoes to fill. Hopefully Sean Mannion will have a good year at QB, but as with any former QB's for the Beavers arm strength isn't so much the concern (they seem to groom guys that can throw it way down field), it is the throwing balls that should never have been thrown for INT's (QB's Derek Anderson, Matt Moore, Sean Canfield etc...).

Go Beavs!!!!

I've never been a fan of college football but I watched a few games at the end of last season and quickly wondered why I'd never watched before. I don't really have a favorite team, but I'll definitely be pulling for Texas teams. My son is a big Baylor fan so I hope they do good for him. I'll also be keeping my eye on that quarterback from A&M the rest of the season. It'll be interesting to find out if this week's game was a fluke or if he can repeat that performance (or close to it) week in and week out.

Kentucky should see some very noticeable improvements under Coach Stoops. Watching them play now and although they are playing Tennessee-Martin they look much faster then they have in a few years. UTM has Favre's nephew at QB so it should be interesting to see how good he is.

Well that was an ugly win, 13 penalties for 119 yards. 1 Turnover to Portland State with 5, otherwise they may have started the season losing to a lower division team again this year. Some promise but lots of things for them to work on this week before going to play Hawaii at Hawaii next week.

Kentucky did what an SEC school is suppose to do to a lower caliber team but looked very impressive. They came up wit 5 turnovers and had a lot of big plays on their way to a 59-14 win.

I've never really been big into college ball but I keep an ear open for when MD puts the fear of the Turtle onto other teams. I'm not so sure them moving to the Hot13 or whatever the TopTen is actually called now was a good thing. To me it has always been confusing with the NCAA, the ACC and any and all other College Leagues.

Back