Collecting Goals 2015

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
First of all, Happy New Year to all of my fellow TCZ'ers.

I'd like to see what, if any, collecting goals you guys have for 2015.

My main collecting goal for 2015 will be to focus more on my Dallas Cowboys collection, namely any Ring of Honor and/or Hall of Fame players. It is also very likely that I'll, after a number of years, be calling it quits on my NFL HOF PC which will open up quite a few pretty nice cards to be traded for Dallas Cowboys greats.

So, how about all of you? Any plans to change, or make specific goals, for your collection for 2015?

Happy New Years to all!

I plan on focusing on my Big Red Machine PC and to continue to build on my Cowboys PC.
I would also like to put a Rainbow together for at least one Reds player.

cut down on my stockpile of autos, deposit more than what I did in 2013, and add some more hot chicks...ill probably pick up a few Bollers along the way...nothing fancy

actually my main goals are to track down the LCM Mirror Black 2003, and the Leaf Limited Spotlight Platinum 2003, and 2004 SP Game Used Dual with Staubach, and the 05 LCM Mirror Green Auto that I need...

I'm usually a year or two behind on product, High ends like The Cup, Dominion Hockey, and still so much more PC from last year's Rookie Double Class I need to get which made last year the hardest for RC's to get, just so many.

Second, more Lions Football!! Think I'm getting hooked, so looking to up grading my Lions PC with more RC/AU cards.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Purchase a few boxes/cases and get back to enjoying the hobby and not get consumed with resell value or flipping.

Life has been busy. Between multiple start ups and my existing job time is a hot commodity. Adult hood wasn't all it was cracked up to be, lmao. Adult "playtime" can be fun but making sure the house is running smooth and planning for the future can be burdensome at times. I hope you and the Fam are well. Good to see you also!

Hopefully, one of my collecting goals this year can be to spend more time here, with you fine folks! :)

Collecting goals?
For now it is limited to team sets and group breaks.

I am beginning to collect team sets and inserts of 90s teams that no longer exist (concentrating on 1992-93 products when it was all new to me): NFL - Oilers; NBA - Supersonics; NHL - Whalers, Nordiques. I do like the throwback designs of 92-93 and 93-94 Ultra. I will probably try to make a set of each.

My only real 2015 goal I started around Jan of last year maybe a little before, although technically it began many many years ago. That was to have the 1965 Topps Baseball set complete by my April birthday in time for the 50th Anniversary of the set (and my big five-oh day UGH middle-age man syndrome) Unfortunately it looks like that goal will not be met I am only at just about 1/3 of the set right now and only have a month left. :(

haven't done so well on cutting down stock thus far...I am moving some Olympic stuff pretty well with this new promo, and its the first listing since I did my casebreak...

I have picked up a couple Bollers, a Gina Carano Auto, Ashley Wagner Olympic Rings Patch, Jamie Anderson Olympic Rings Patch, Jamie Anderson Bronze Auto /50, Ashley Wagner Silver Relic /50, a Carly Patterson Auto /25, still looking for the /99, Shawn Johnson Gold Relic /25, those are my current 'tucked away' cards

161 #'d SP Authentic RCs

10 Jordan Lynch Contenders

2003 SP Game Used RCs (37)
Andre Johnson
Anquan Boldin
Ken Dorsey
Kyle Boller
Willis McGahee

20 assorted Random Autos
Dallas Clark x3 (sold and paid for the rest)

2012 Heroes and Legends
Hope Solo Relic Color Variation /199
Hope Solo Color Variation /299
Hope Solo/Alex Morgan Teammates insert
Alex Morgan Insert

2012 Topps Olympic Grabs
Hope Solo Bronze Relic /75
Abby Wambach Silver Relic /50
Abby Wamback Base Relic
Nastia Luikin Olympic Pin
Lolo Jones Olympic Pin
Mary Whipple Olympic Pin
Todd Rogers Olympic Rings Patch
Jordan Weiber Bronze Relic 3 color /75
David Oliver Silver Auto /30
Funmi Jimoh Flag Relic
Water Dix Relic
Katie ODonnell Team Pin
Yvette Lewis Team Pin
Mike Morrison Team Pin
Troy Dumais Rings Patch
Ricky Berens Rings Patch
Rau'Shee Warren Rings Patch
Kayla Harrison Rings Patch
Yvette Lewis Team Pin
Danell Leyva Team Pin
Mary Whipple Team Pin

Topps Olympics not previously mentioned
Meryl Davis Bronze Relic /75
Katie Uhlaneder Sochi Patch

plus the majority of the stuff from my 3 cases of 2014 Olympics, as ive only sold a handful of cards out of that, and im STILL at a profit for the year...and for the record, you get about 3 Pins, 3 Patches, 2 Flags in a hobby case of 2012 Olympics

some of the good stuff im still sitting on from those Olympic cases...
Lindsey Vonn Gold Auto /15 (had offers as high as $237 that I decline)
Meryl Davis Gold Relic /25
Ted Ligety Bronze Auto /50
Agnes Zawadzki Gold Auto /15
David Wise Gold Relic /25
Agnes Zawadzki Silver Auto /30
Lolo Jones Auto x2

Champions Autos
Scott Hamilton x2
Peggy Flemming
Picabo Street
Jim Craig
Kristi Yamaguchi x2
Mike Eruzione

so yeah, decent start after a real slow start to the year...

Back