Card Storage Boxes?

ConRyl

Bench Warmer
I'm looking to buy those big storage boxes to help organize my collection and I was wondering where the best place to buy them for cheap would be? Also if anyone has any they aren't using or looking to get rid of let me know!

Thanks

www.blowoutcards.com has them, but I think you have to buy them 25 at a time for the 5000 count boxes and assembly is required, which isn't difficult...

in all reality, your best bet for storage boxes is a hobby shop unless you need a bunch...

its not so much the cost, as the amount required to buy...I think you need to buy 25 of the monsters to get it considered an order, and I want to say that is $79...at my nearest shop, some 50 miles away, one of those boxes retails at $5

Shipping cost on those is high too even though they send them unfolded, but they can also get roughed up a bit being not built yet as big flat pieces of cardboard. Bundle of 25 of the 5,000 count box at Blowout was $79.99, put it in Cart and shipping for UPS Ground was $36.62 for me....so just under $5 each but you have to buy 25 and very few people need that many at once except dealers. Closest card shop for me is around 45 miles away, so I make that run every few months when I need supplies (toploaders and and other single card holders you can pick up online cheaper usually even after shipping cost added in, but the white cardboard ones are difficult to find online w/o buying in bulk or the cost is astronomical or both).

blowout has free shipping over a certain price, not sure what that price is, but I usually drop $200+ at a time and get free shipping

blowout has free shipping over a certain price, not sure what that price is, but I usually drop $200+ at a time and get free shipping

Ah didn't know they changed it, they used to have "free shipping doesn't apply to supplies", but might have been a few years ago as I quit buying supplies there when I found places that had free shipping for them (those places don't sell the cardboard boxes, but I always get them at a card shop anyway).

I ordered 25 of the 400ct boxes with my last order, perhaps the 5000ct is different

They must have changed their policy, as I was going to order toploaders one time (years back) with my order that qualified for free shipping on the boxes and they were going to charge me for shipping on the add of toploaders so I just bought them off Ebay cheaper DLVd price.

I make my own monster boxes .....if you buy hamburgers patties in those 10 lbs boxes, cello tape the sides for strenght and put dividers in them.....piece of cardboard for the top and you can stack them....works fine and the burger box just got recycled.

Back