basketball vintage

Doug.g

Bench Warmer
Anyone know anything about vintage basketball? Looking to sell a complete set (99 cards) of 1969 topps...all ungraded but will grade very very well! Anyone know the value for a set like this? Or any offers?

if they are in nice shape I highly suggest sending in the Alcindor and Chamberlin to PSA...looks like 'raw' sets can be had for $500, but a PSA 8 Alcindor went for $2299.00...

here are some PSA completed prices
PSA 8 $2100-$2300
PSA 7 $500
PSA 6 $215-$263
PSA 5 $170-$187

then RAW has sold from $12 to $495 but I didn't read any condition stuff on the cheap one...if your set is uncreased and well centered with solid corners you should do well, but to maximize your money its worth the money to at least send in the Alcindor, so you don't get shorted when selling...

also, since I don't know crap about basketball stuff, I don't know how 'reproduced' and how many counterfeits are out there...I know I was very careful when Ive bought vintage football in the past off eBay, as I am a very untrusting person, and I was buying 1976 Walter Payton, 1981 Joe Montana and 1984 Marino and Elway, and I know there are a ton of fakes of them out there

Back