always nice to find a nugget

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
so yesterday I had one of my junk lots arrive, 41 autos (all sage/press pass), 1 jersey, and a 1/1 Press Plate for under $28 delivered...

figured I could do pretty well with the Press Plate (Miami Hurricanes Mascot from UD), then there were a variety of cards I figured I could get $2-$5 out of, boy was I wrong...

yesterday I put up 3 cards, the plate, a Shane Vereen 34/100 (jersey number), and what shocked me (I check completed sales from time to time on stuff I don't know well), what I figured was a $5-$7 card, 2004 Sage Silver Maurice Clarett...

well I wasn't expecting a Sage to sell for MORE than his Exquisite, but last sale was $34 at auction, ended the 16th with 10 bids, and a regular Sage went for $27, so not a 'fluke' sale...mine sold this morning for $29.99

then I was putting some stuff away, stumble across a 2012 Press Pass Silver Jared Crick from that lot, notice it has a "JC" under the auto...look on eBay, none of them have it...check Press Pass site, yeah, Inscription "JC" SP to 14...not like Nebraska guys bid crazy, I mean, its not like I sold a Retail Pink Sparkle Sage HIT of Crick last year for $12 or anything....oh wait, I did...Pink Sparkles were 5 per jumbo, not autographed or anything...

so yeah, I went ahead and put the Crick auto up today, crossing my fingers..

I wouldn't expect many people to collect Clarett. Do you think it's OSU people or was it a short print for set collectors?

its an 04, he was only in Sage, Sage HIT, and Prestige as far as I know, and they all sell quite well...I think its a combination of being in OSU jersey and being a set SP...

Troy Smith also sells incredibly well in his OSU jersey, but his other stuff is typical scrub...I got what $40 or $43 for the Press Pass Legends Red Ink SP to 5 last year that I pulled out of a $12 lot, which I bought because I knew the Smith would pull $20+

the buyer is out of Colorado, so could be a Broncos collector...not going to ask questions, just going to take the money and run

The clarett sold for that amount because of the year. He declared for the 2004 draft and wasn't allowed to enter. Most of his 2004 sells decent. Must of his 2005 rc doesn't sell well at all.

04 Mike Williams aren't like that are they?...as I stated, I figured $5-$7, but I went ahead and looked before listing and made an extra $20...hoping for some more movement from that lot, have 2 watchers on the plate, that's about it...next sale is profit

Back