A Non card mailday

Brad

Bench Warmer
First, the scan of my Gaines Adams that I posted last week since I got my scanner working again.

:dance:
GainesBCRedRef.jpg

Now, here is the mail.

1982 Orange Bowl ticket stub - in case you did not know, Clemson played Nebraska and finished off their perfect 1981 season which resulted in the National Championship for Clemson.

OrangeBowlTicket.jpg

Lastly, the seller added his business card which said he deals with Clemson memorabilia, and based on his listing I think it is that and other southern teams so it might be pandering, but I liked the backside and I think tigerkal may be the only that will get it and/or care

It is the Country Gentleman, which in my understanding was another Mascot, along with The Tiger, that wore Coattails and his slogan was "A Clemson Man needs no introduction" which along with other things is not PC and thus he was phased out and nearly removed from history.
CountryGentleman.jpg

Very cool Gaines Red Refractor! Also a SWEET piece of Clemson history with the ticket stub! Very interesting business card. :shifty:

Congrats on the cool pickups!

Very cool Gaines Red Refractor! Also a SWEET piece of Clemson history with the ticket stub! Very interesting business card. :shifty:

Congrats on the cool pickups!

I will work on a way to display the ticket with my Tuttle SI that I want to get signed sometime.

Back