2015 Contenders Draft Picks Football

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Ok, first of all, I didn't even know Panini had an NCAA license until today. When did that happen!? I do think it's nice to see them getting into it, just for the competition, even though I've never been a fan of college cards.

Second, why make a brand new product and have it look EXACTLY like another? Sure, this is still contenders, but let's change it up a little bit at least. So now we'll have 2015 Contenders Draft Picks, which will use virtually the same design as 2014 Contenders.

Here's a look at the 2 designs:

2015 Contenders Draft Picks
panini-america-2015-contenders-draft-picks-football-season-ticket-preview-14.jpg

2014 Contenders
panini-america-2014-contenders-football-retail-qc-3.jpg

As you can see, the designs are basically the same. I've always been a fan of Panini, mostly because of their customer service, but this is really disappointing to see. I'd like to see a little bit more creativity from these card manufacturers, and this is definitely not on that track.

I agree they need a differnent design. Not just for creativity sake but because of the confusion factor. I've never been big into college stuff either. I do like some of the uniforms for some schools but I am really TIRED of all this draft and prospect stuff.

I am really TIRED of all this draft and prospect stuff

I couldn't agree more! While I will pick up the occasional rookie card, I'm much more interested in players who have already proven themselves. There is just too much emphasis on rookies and prospects in the hobby these days. That said, you can't really blame the manufacturers for that. They're just going with what sells, and since we're a society of "the next big thing", it's unlikely that we see products that lean more towards showcasing veterans any time soon.

If something like that does come out, though, I sure hope they at least use a unique design for it!

not the first time Contenders has ventured into college uniform stuff, in 2009 they had 'College Rookie Tickets' as variations

Back